Having experienced all of the benefits...

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:35:19 EDT 2014

of GnuCash, as a refugee fleeing from Quicken (and having briefly dabbled
with others in the interim), I'm certainly grateful for the substantive
experience of the current build.  I'm also grateful to those souls who have
spent their time and energies in putting together the package, maintaining
it, and improving it, all the while I sit back and enjoy the efforts of
their labor, without any cost to me, in time or money.

As I just picked up a new smartphone, having probably waited far too long to
do so, I have a real appreciation for the pace of technology and clearly it
will continue to head in that mobile direction.  Although I use, on and off,
the mobile app for GnuCash, and again am grateful to those who put together
the current version, it nonetheless is apparent to me, at least, that
without a robust mobile application of GnuCash, that does more than merely
offer the opportunity to export recorded transactions, the attractiveness of
GnuCash is bound to diminish and brush feathers with the dinosaur.

Perhaps there are those out there that are tinkering, seems to me if a
community exists, we should be marshalling our efforts to support the
venture (for those who have the skills, time and interest to pursue such),
as clearly that is where the wind is blowing... that in my cave like
existence I have not heard or seen of any such effort, is somewhat
concerning... and which prompted these words...

The current mobile application, draws increased heavy breathing, as each day
passes.