Currency Issues

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 15 14:00:23 EDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 10:04 AM, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Several days ago, I wrote to this list concerning problems regarding
> exchange rates. (copy of email below).
>
> In that email, I used terms such as folders and I should have used
> accounts and sub-accounts.  But the facts are still the same.
>
> Could someone please assist in solving this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Les
>
> I have a bank with multiple currencies.  The primary currency for this
> bank is HKD.  Within this account I have a folder "saving" and type is
> cash.  Under "saving" is a folder "currency" with type cash and contains
> several other folders: CNY, HKD, etc
>
> Everything works fine except CNY does not roll up properly (it does not
> maintain an exchange rate for CNY:HKD).  Is there a way to solve this?
> Using LMDE v 1403 and GC 2.4.13.

By “does not roll up properly”, do you mean that the amount shown in the Currency Total sums all of the values of the sub-accounts except CNY, or that it assumes a 1:1 exchange rate for CNY->HKD?

Are you retrieving prices online, and do you have any prices in the Price database for CNY->HKD?

Regards,
John Ralls