Getting prices and quotes:

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Sep 16 04:19:21 EDT 2014

On Monday 15 September 2014 18:18:35 Andy Lavarre wrote:
> Geert, John hello:
>
> On 09/15/14 11:40, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > My test system in Windows XP
>
> My system is Windows 7
>
> >   Perhaps there are some permission issues on the system that
> >   prevent
> >
> > perl from compiling Bit::Vector ?
>
> Indeed. Clicking on the file in the Exploder results in the reported
> behaviour.
>
> Similarly, opening a terminal as user and changing directory to ...
> \bin and calling the file does likewise.
>
> But /*right click on the terminal in the start menu, select Run as
> Administrator  */and /then/ migrating to bin and calling the program
> works better, but still not enough.

Yes, "run as administrator" is recommended by the strawberry website so this is to be expected.

> The new pastebin is at
>
>     http://pastebin.com/qKECFE8T
>
> * It ran much better but still failed at line 351 with
>
>     CC1.EXE HAS STOPPED RUNNING
>
>     I clicked OK, and it carried on to line 437 with the same message,
> and then failure.
>
> * The admonition to
>
>  1.
>     * Run gnc-fq-check
>

>     doesn't work since that file does not seem to exist.

This file should be in the bin directory as well.

> * Reading through the trace (is this recorded anywhere as a logfile?)
> at line 79 we see again that the HTTP server terminated, resulting in
> a number of 404 errors on http.t

It's unclear to me whether the failure to build LWP is a problem or not. If you look through the
rest of the log you can see that LWP is actively and successfully used both before and after the
LWP install step to fetch other modules. So it looks like Strawberry comes with a version of LWP
pre-installed that works fine.

> * The admonition (line 325) just before the CC1EXE failure is
>
>     *** THIS IS NOT AN ERROR, JUST A MESSAGE FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
>     Do you really need Crypt::SSLeay?

When I ran install-fq-mods.cmd on my test machine, this question was asked as well. It looks
like CPAN has moved away from Crypt::SSLeay (or at least the LWP module has). But F::Q still
requires it. I already sent a patch to F::Q yesterday to drop this dependency. I tested it and it
can work equally well without Crypt::SSLeay, using LWP::Protocol::https instead. I don't know
if/when this patch will be applied to F::Q though.

However, on my test machine the build continued successfully here. I'm guessing there are still
privilege problems. Perhaps the cpan builds are generating temporary files in the current
working directory. Since install-fq-mods.cmd is run from gnucash' bin directory in program files,
this is probably not allowed as an ordinary user.

Can you do the following experiment:
- create a directory in non-privileged space, for example c:\gc-test
- copy the following files from gnucash' bin directory into c:\gc-test:
  * ssleay32.dll
  * getperl.vbs
  * gnc-fq-update
  * gnc-fq-check
  * gnc-fq-helper
  * https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gnucash/gnucash-on-windows/master/extra_dist/install-fq-mods.cmd
(the last one is an updated version of install-fq-mods.cmd that fixes a few minor issues I
discovered yesterday).

Then run install-fq-mods.cmd from that directory.

How does it run now ?

Geert