Change ledger font

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Sep 18 10:12:42 EDT 2014

On Thursday 18 September 2014 06:30:59 AC wrote:
> On 2014-09-18 00:03, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > GnuCash ships with a tool to change the theme it uses. That tool
> > also
> > allows you to change the font being used by default. You should find
> > it in your start menu in the same group as gnucash. I believe it's
> > called 'Select Theme' or something like that.
>
> Thank you, I didn't notice that tool before.  So much better now.
> I'll have to dig into the theme files later and find out how things
> get tweaked.
>
> Do the ledger row colors themselves get set in there (right now they
> are alternating green and tan)?  I didn't see any of the themes
> changing that part in the preview on the tool.
The ledger row colors are not set in here. GnuCash uses the hardcoded
green/tan color scheme by default.
It has a preference option though to switch to the colors offered by the
current theme:
Edit->Preferences->Register->Use System Theme colors

I'll add that there is currently a bug in gnucash version that causes
the theme colors to be ignored. This bug will be fixed in the upcoming
gnucash 2.6.4.

Regards,

Geert