Save in different formats

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 19 18:35:39 EDT 2014

On Sep 19, 2014, at 5:25 AM, Saju Sujathan <saju at fpcreative.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I have an .orx and I saw that GNUCash is probably the best app to open it
> on a Mac OS.
> It successfully opened the file however how do I save the file so it's
> readable in another format that is more widely available? I.e. Excel

You can export an account tree or selected transactions as CSV, but that’s not all of a GnuCash data set by any stretch.

Google says a .orx is a RadiantOne Virtual Directory Server database schema. Seems unlikely that that’s what you read with GnuCash. Perhaps you mean a .ofx? If that’s what you imported and you did so into an empty book, then exporting the transactions as CSV will probably get you what you want.

Regards,
John Ralls