Change ledger font

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Sep 24 03:44:06 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 23 September 2014 13:39:55 AC wrote:
> On 2014-09-23 09:18, Geert Janssens wrote:
> >
> > The only reasons I can imagine for not finding this in your home
> > directory would be either:
> > 1. either your folder preferences hide this file for you
> > 2. or you have altered the value of the HOME environment variable to
> > point somewhere else. Is such a line in
> > \program files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gnucash\environment ?
>
> Files are not hidden from view in the explorer windows (I always turn
> that off on any machine) and that setting does not affect the find
> utility under Cygwin, a simple 'ls' can still see those files.

Ah, this is the first time you mention Cygwin. Are you running gnucash
and the theme selection tool from within cygwin as well ?

Where is cygwin installed ?

> I have also not altered the environment variables, HOME is still
> C:\users\

Ok

> There are no edited entries in the environment file:

Ok

> Searching with multiple utilities does not reveal any .gtkrc-2.0 files
> anywhere:
>
> $ find /cygdrive/c -name *.gtkrc* 2>/dev/null
>
> $
I have no explanation for that currently...

> (I redirected stderr to trim errors caused by accessing some core
> Windows files)
>
> Searching for plain gtkrc:
>
> $ find /cygdrive/c -name *gtkrc* 2>/dev/null
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files
> (x86)/GNU/GnuPG/share/themes/Default/gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files
> (x86)/GNU/GnuPG/share/themes/Emacs/gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc
> /cygdrive/c/Program Files
> (x86)/GNU/GnuPG/share/themes/MS-Windows/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
>
> [ trimming additional share/themes entries]
>
> /cygdrive/c/Users/agcarver/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files
> (x86)/gnucash/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
>

> Opening that last file:
>
> # Auto-written by gtk2_prefs. Do not edit.
>
> gtk-theme-name = "Bluecurve-Slate"
> style "user-font"
> {
> 	font_name="Arial 10"
> }
> widget_class "*" style "user-font"
>
> So it looks like this is the mystery file which does not match the
> documentation in the slightest.  The path is entirely wrong:

That is an interesting observation.

However I have another theory about the file you found, but I can't be
sure until we test.

The way to be sure this file is really written by the theme tool is
this:
- make a copy of the file so you can revert back to it if needed
- run the theme tool and choose another theme than is currently in the
gtkrc file
[Note: on my test system the theme tool asks for confirmation to
overwrite my previous file, which still is
c:\Documents and settings\<user>\.gtkrc-2.0
as explained in the documentation]
- reopen the gtkrc file you found and check if the theme has been
changed.

What is the result now ?

Geert