Setting up recurring mortgage payment

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 22:47:33 EDT 2014

Scott,

If I understand your question correctly, I have some bad news. The mortgage assistant is not able to calculate new transactions on a monthly basis. It is only able to calculate from the original set point.

There have been discussions about this in the past, and I believe that the underlying issue is that GnuCash does not have a function to calculate a balance as of a date. This would be necessary to recalculate a mortgage repayment schedule.

Personally, I dropped the whole business and enter the correct amounts manually from statements. A pain, but less of a pain than always remembering to change the automatically created transaction after the fact.

David