International Transfers

Tom Balazs tom123online at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 05:07:27 EDT 2014

I'm very confused by the Transfers in GnuCash for international bank
transfers (wires). How can I include the service fees in the one "Transfer"
transaction I create?

I used "Actions / Transfer"
I transfer from Bank Account 1 to Bank Account 2.
GnuCash correctly uses the exchange rate. But how do I include the service
fees (for sending the money and for receiving the money).
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff365/webmanoffesto/GnuCashInternationalTransfersv20140928n01.png

On my bank statement Account 1 will show one transaction (e.g. $1,000
withdrawn). And Account 2 will show one transaction (that $1,000 after it
was exchanged into the local currency and after the incoming transfer fee
was deducted).

I want my register to resemble the bank statements as closely as possible
(if they show one transaction, then I should show one transaction).