GnuCash 2.6.4 released

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Sep 29 15:14:26 EDT 2014

[ Please avoid cross posting. I have removed all mailing lists except
for gnucash-user from this reply. Please do the same in your replies. ]

On Monday 29 September 2014 12:44:18 David Gillam wrote:
> Results on OSX 10.9.5:
>
> 2.6.3 = GOOD
> 2.6.4-1 = CRASH
> 2.6.4-2 = REALLY slow startup on first round, but eventually opened
> and appeared ok, but after a clean stop it now refuses to start up
> again--get opening logo screen, then about 20 seconds later, it just
> aborts.

The REALLY slow start is due to a new feature in guile 2. It precompiles
the scheme code the first time it runs. This takes a lot of time.

It does not explain why it fails to load completely the second time
though.

Geert