gnucash-user Digest, Vol 145, Issue 2

John Banner sjbanner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:30:46 EDT 2015

   I just started using the OFX transaction importer and of course the
first thing I did was to mess up so the importer now automatically assigns
all my transactions to the wrong account (actually half of the split is
right and the other half is wrong). I can go back and manually fix the
transaction (already done), but how do I set the preferences so that it
allows me to verify every transaction till it learns the right behavior? Or
alternately, just clear all the matching info and start over?

   I tried to look for an answer here, but the only answers I could find
were several years old and basically said "There is no way to reset the
matching info." There have been a lot of new versions since then, including
several newer major versions, so I hope things have improved since then.
And it looks like if I set the matching preference levels right I should be
able to have it force me to manually verify everything but the descriptions
weren't quite clear enough for me.

   Thanks much,

                 sjb.