How to brute force correct a reconciliation

C. Andrews Lavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:08:54 EDT 2015

I've spent several hours searching for this to no avail.

There must be a way to tell it "Yes, I screwed up somewhere along the
way, here is the correct balance number, pay no attention to all that
math, I assume full responsibility."

Or is there?

I've tried deleting splits, deleting transactions, entering new opening
balances, you name it.

What I finally did is to rename the account to ...Trash, create a new (zero opening balance) account and move the transactions there.

Which worked. At the cost of a bit of time

But if there were a quick and dirty way to tell it that yes I screwed up but this really is the correct number then life would be a lot
better.

Thanks in advance, yes I've read every thing at

	http://tinyurl.com/nwn4ut9

and a lot more. Not looking for a PhD in GnuCash, just trying to do my
taxes on time.

Thanks in advance and for an excellent program, sorry I have failed
it... Mea culpa Father, may I have forgiveness and a *reconciliation*?

:-)

Cheers, Andy