OSS Stock tracking applications

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 16:16:46 EDT 2015

Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:21:32
<CAFrmxDfxBusnKK-FB69dZjU4sEp-0MRAywGwuxZszg2u0xfU9Q at mail.gmail.com>
Chris Henderson <henders254 at gmail.com>

>Whilst gnucash provides real-time information on stocks via advanced
>portfolio options,

it doesn't actually, gnc prices are good for broad financial decisions,
not fine intra day or intra week decisions.

you want real time paid for prices for that

> it can't tell what my return is for any given year, how
>I performed again various indexes, how much of my return comes from
>dividend vs. capital gain, what's the after tax return if I were to sell
>one of my holdings and what is the inflation adjusted return.

it can, however, provide you with the numbers

>Would anyone recommend any OSS application that can do the job? I'm looking
>at spreadsheets online but a lot of them are convoluted or simplified.

I think most people hand roll for things like this.

>Thanks.

Nah, thank you, if you say a bit more we could talk about stuff.  I may
be completely wild here but have you tried copying a gnc report into a
spreadsheet and seeing if that works?

--
Wm...