Accounts sort order not saving

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 09:02:26 EDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 7:43 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> On 4/4/2015 6:25 AM, David Backhouse wrote:
>> I have set up accounts with account codes, made account code the first
>> column in table of accounts, sorted into desired order - and looks
>> OK. But
>> then when I close and open Gnucash again the accounts revert to
>> alphabetical
>> sort by account name. How can I change the default sort order to Account
>> Code when starting Gnucash?
>>

>> David Backhouse

> I do not have that issue in the account window for any recent release
> of GnuCash in Windows 7.  Are other prefs, such as auto backup
> frequency and tab order being retained between sessions?
>
> David C
However, I did notice something odd.  If I move the account code column
to the far left, the triangle symbols for the account tree stay on the
left instead of moving over with the account name, then everything gets
scrambled and returning the account code column to the original position
and trying to re-sort by description or account number fails.  I will
try closing the program, but it takes a long time to re-open on this
machine.  I am still using release 2.6.5 on this machine.

David C