How to specify the next default invoice number

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Apr 6 23:43:46 EDT 2015

I'm trying to make my invoice numbers match a sequence similar to my
previous accounting system.  I realize I can specify the invoice number
each time I create a new invoice.  However, it becomes kind of tedious
and I often forget and get a number with 5 zeros and a single digit.
I'm trying to get my last invoice as the minimum number and use
Gnucash's auto increment function from there.

I read where I can do this by editing the xml file.  I'm looking at the
xml file but don't know which entry to change.

Thanks in advance if someone will help shed some light on this.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames at apollo3.com