Compile Guncash

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:31:14 EDT 2015

Tommy Trussell wrote on Wednesday, 08 April, 2015 10:50 AM:
> Apt reported "The following packages have been kept back" and it listed
> gnucash gnucash-common
>
> This meant there was a software dependency that couldn't be satisfied with
> a regular apt-get upgrade.

I think the problem might be with gnucash-docs. I seem to recall in the Ubuntu package, you just have to do 'apt-get install gnucash' and it automatically installs gnucash-common and gnucash-docs. However the getdeb repository doesn't have this dependency, and will only install gnucash-common along with gnucash. I found this out when I couldn't access the docs, and had to install them with a separate command.

Maybe I'll add a section about getdeb to the wiki when I have a moment. :-)

P.