Fwd: Upgrade to Intel-2.6.6-4, can't reopen sqlite3 backend

Richard Feldmann REF_Buy at donet.com
Thu Apr 9 19:47:37 EDT 2015

Per gnucash-devel-owner, I am forwarding my problem to gnu cash-user.  I appreciate any advise you can provide.

Dick Feldmann

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Richard Feldmann <REF_Buy at donet.com>
> Subject: Upgrade to Intel-2.6.6-4, can't reopen sqlite3 backend
> Date: April 8, 2015 at 9:17:06 PM EDT
> To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
>
> Upgraded MAC OS-X from version 10.6 to 10.10
>
> Since then Gnucash stopped loading my data.  Message: “No suitable back end was found for file:///Users…/REF$.gnucash” (I shortened the directory string to …)
>
> I’ve tried upgrading to Gnucash Intel-2.6.6-4
> I’ve upgraded to sqlite3 vsn 3.8.9.
>
> I’ve tried the File Open, but the only data format option I get is “file”.  I don’t get “Database Connection”
>
> To the best of my ability to search, I don’t believe I got the “libdbi” or the “libdbd-sqlite3” files in my download.  I cannot find these files on the web.
>
> I’m out of ideas.  Can you help?  I’d hate to think I’ve lost all my data.  But I do still have access to the data tables through sqlite3, so if you can’t advise me how to get Gnucash linked to sqlite3, maybe you can advise me on how to dump and load my data into a “file” data format.
>
> Thanks
> Dick Feldmann

Begin forwarded message:

From: gnucash-devel-owner at gnucash.org
Date: April 9, 2015 at 4:43:05 AM EDT
To: ref_buy at donet.com

Your request to the gnucash-devel mailing list

   Posting of your message titled "Upgrade to Intel-2.6.6-4, can't
reopen sqlite3 backend"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"This question belongs on gnucash-user. You can subscribe beforehand
and not have to wait for me to approve the post. You can also check
the Gnucash FAQS at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ "

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
at:

   gnucash-devel-owner at gnucash.org