Fwd: Gnucash on two computers

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Apr 13 18:55:42 EDT 2015

Marty,

I should work, regardless of the cloud drive you use. A file is a file is a
file.....

Disclaimer - I use Dropbox for Gnucash, so I cannot swear to Google Drive
or One Drive. It is easy enough to test. Create a test file with gnucash on
computer 1, add a few transactions, close gnucash on computer 1, upload the
file to the cloud of your choice, download at a second computer, open the
file with gnucash on the second computer.

Big Gotcha here....notice I said **close** Gnucash on computer 1. If both
computer 1 and computer 2 have gnucash open at the same time, both
computers make changes to the file, and then close gnucash, you will loose
transactions or worse. Gnucash is not a **multi-user** program. Caveat
Emptor.....

Mark