How to stop security prices from appearing in price editor automatically?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 13 23:33:47 EDT 2015

> On Apr 13, 2015, at 7:07 PM, William Sunday <gnucash546 at lewenberg.com> wrote:
>
> I just upgraded from GnuCash 2.4 to 2.6 and I see that calculated stock prices from transactions are appearing automatically in the Price Editor.
>
> This is definitely a change from 2.4 and an unwelcome one. I want to control the prices entries in the Price Editor. Furthermore, the _incorrect_ price is entered if I mistype the stock share amount or price paid and not fixed even I correct the mistake in the transaction.
>
> How can I stop GnuCash from being so helpful and entering these prices in the Price Editor?

There's no way to stop it at present, though you can certainly delete it in the Price Editor after the fact.

We added that so that reports would reflect the actual price of commodities paid rather than some retrieved market price which probably doesn't reflect the actual price. If there's a bug here it's that it doesn't correct the recorded price if the transaction is edited, though it would be non-trivial to implement.

Regards,
John Ralls