GnuCash could not obtain the lock for file....

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 14 10:44:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

life0riley <life0s_50 at yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Is it still necessary to delete the .LNK and .LCK files or will they
>>> be automatically deleted?
>> They get handled automatically.
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> life0riley
>> -derek
>>

> Derick,

It's "Derek", but...

> Thanks for your explanation.
>
> The Lock files (.LNK and .LCK) section of the Tutorial and Concepts
> Guide may need to be updated.  I reviewed it again and can't find any
> mention that the lock files should be deleted automatically after
> clicking the "open anyway" button.

No, they don't get deleted when you click the button, they get subsumed
by the current instance of GnuCash.  They get deleted when GnuCash exits
normally.

If you want them to go away you can click "Open Anyways" and then choose
File -> Quit.  That will make them go away.  If they DONT go away on a
clean exit, then you've found a bug that should be reported.

Hope this helps,