online banking with BB&T

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Apr 19 23:10:03 EDT 2015

> On Apr 19, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Russell <gonsalves1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That'll be great if it can be added to the Windows / Mac releases.  Once
> added will it work out of the box or will the user need to set the
> appropriate environment variable (GWEN_TLS_CIPHER_PRIORITIES)?  Also, what's
> the best way for me to "track" this - excuse my ignorance, but I googled and
> found this thread earlier today and then subscribed so I could post.

IIUC GWEN_TLS_CIPHER_PRIORITIES is a compile-time setting. We'll have to evaluate how serious a security hole it creates and whether it's feasible to create a runtime check and how to do so in such a way that it's difficult to exploit. An environment variable seems to me unlikely to meet that last criterion.

Regards,
John Ralls