Application integration tips...

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:32:52 EDT 2015

This is kind of a general question. I'm trying to stitch together
various applications to add to GC features and wondering about how
quickly this can be done, i.e. automation, i.e. to avoid... "death by a
thousand clicks". It's very time consuming and error prone to i.e.  go
to a web site, log on, nagivate to page, download data, edit for import,
import, track, update and repeat.

For point of sale, and inventory:

I do cash sales in some 20-30 sales tax jurisdictions and SquareUp has a
free app with credit card processing, point of sale for cash, checks,
some inventory features looks nice. Many csv data download options...

How can it be integrated into GC? i.e.

Is there a way to i.e. "one-click" get this data to a desktop/linux or
phone/android, import it? Or a few clicks not 30?

I use KeePass2 which speeds up logon with a key press simulator. I wish
it could just click, get the data.

Sed scripts, emacs macros to edit csv data? Does LibreOffice, GnuCash
have a macro feature? I wish I could just "click, update GC"

Any tips for this sort of thing?

Allan