Difficulty in updating the register for my stocks

Dinesh Patel dmp2325 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 08:18:55 EDT 2015

 I am having difficulty in updating the register for my stocks.

I tried to set up the automatic retrieval of quotes, but not sure if it's
working. Is it suppposed to update the register automatically?

I followed the documentation, but having difficulty...

When I run the command sudo ./gnc-fq-update in shell, it gives the
following result..
Reading '/home/.cpan/Metata'
   Database was generated on Sat, 25 Apr 2015 03:17:02 GMT
Finance::Quote is up to date (1.37).

Under Price Editor, I see the updated prices with latest date and the
source shown is Finance::Quote. How do get the register updated?

I tried to update the register manually by entering the new transacting
with new date and new price, but it increases the quantity of stocks.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Dinesh