Register is not updating. when I run sudo gnc-fq-update; was: Installing activeperl for automatic retrieval of quotes

PATEL DINESH M dineshmpatel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 27 07:54:28 EDT 2015

MY apologies for replying to thread instead of posting another question to the list. The problem has been resolved.Thank you.

     On Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:37 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello Dinesh,

first of all: you should not hijack threads with different questions.
This might lead to confusion.

Am 26.04.2015 um 03:42 schrieb dmp2010:
> Please help. My register is not updating. When I run the command sudo
> ./gnc-fq-update in shell, it gives the following result..
> Reading '/home/dinesh/.cpan/Metata'
>    Database was generated on Sat, 25 Apr 2015 03:17:02 GMT
> Finance::Quote is up to date (1.37).

gnc-fq-update will not update your *quotes*, it will update the
*program*  package Finance::Quote.

To update your quotes run
 gnucash  --add-price-quotes=path/to/your/gnucash-data-file
from the shell or use
 Tools->Price Editor->Get Quotes
in Gnucash.

HTH