GunCash Desktop Icon

Brian Funk gnucash at stoneladder.ca
Mon Apr 27 23:14:29 EDT 2015

> On 4/27/2015 7:27 PM, Courtney Perry wrote:
>> How can I now have the desktop icon installed on the desktop of my
>> computer?

The following instructions are for Windows 7:

• Right click your desktop
	- Choose: New > Shortcut

• Browse to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe"
	- Click: OK
	- This brings you back to the "Create Shortcut" dialogue box
	- Click: Next

• Type: Gnucash (.. or whatever you want to name it)

• Click: Finish

Now you should see the created shortcut with a generic icon on your desktop.

• Right Click this icon and choose: Properties

• Ensure that the Shortcut Tab at the top is selected and
	click the "Change Icon..." button at the bottom.

Ignore the warning that:
"The file C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe contains no icons."

Click OK to "Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file."

• Click the Browse button at the top and browse to:
	C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\pixmaps

In this directory you will see a number of icon images.

• Choose: gnucash-icon.ico and click the "Open" button

• Click "OK" to close the "Change Icon" dialogue box.

• Click "OK" to close the "Properties" dialogue box.

Ta Da!

--
B~