Two instances?

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson100 at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 30 13:36:18 EDT 2015

  I have my windows desktop icons set up to run a specific gnucash file:
three of them, one for each of my 2 businesses, and one personal.

I just have the icon set to run the .gnucash data file - Windows knows
which application to use to load the file.  Easiest way to create it (in
Win 7, anyway) is to find the data file in Windows Explorer, right
click, choose "Send To" then "Desktop (create shortcut).

I sometimes have all three open at once. However, I believe there are
issues with preferences for the last one closed, overwriting preference
changes made in the others. It's never caused me any trouble.

Kevin