GNUCash Setup

Dorel Ciornei dorelciornei at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 15:49:26 EDT 2015

I had the same experience as Plutocrat when I migrated to GNU Cash.The difference was that I imported from Quicken about 3 years of data. Then it took me maybe a week or more to 'fix' little things here and there until the final balances matched what I had in Quicken.
Then, I too used both programs for a few months... a pain to be sure, but safer than jumping head down into unknown.I ended up using Quicken then just for the "Transaction Remainder" part, while all the records were kept in GNU Cash.
Finally now I have a month or two since I have not turned on the Quicken at all.
In fact I will uninstall it soon... but we must do something about the reminder and bill paying in GNU Cash soon.
Heck... I would be willing to pay for someone to make the changes, if it was affordable.:-)