Q: how to debug reports.

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 4 11:19:19 EDT 2015

On Monday 03 August 2015 19:33:56 Steven Cramer wrote:
> I was unable to find a gnucash.trace file.   How do I get to the
> console?

How to locate the trace file is explained here [1]

> I am running the executable version for windows 7 if that makes a
> difference?

That does make difference indeed. The console is not available on
Windows. However all relevant information with regards to the report
error can also be found in the trace file mentioned above. Please locate
the trace file and post its contents here. There will be multiple trace
files. There should be at least one with error messages in it.

Regards,

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile