Mutual fund prices precision

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Tue Aug 4 16:56:03 EDT 2015

Yes, we can make mountains out of molehills if we want to open up the
rounding can of worms, but as long as your government wants you to pay
your taxes in whole dollars anyway, it makes little difference in the
end. That's my 2 ¢. David C

Actually, for those of required to report in whole dollars, and required
that the report be in exact (whole dollar) balance and match up exactly
with the previous year's reporting, it IS a can of worms because of
rounding issues. I find I usually have to "fudge" up or down this or
that item(or items) to make that all work out. A bit of trial and error
to figure out what is the least distorting "fudge".

This is NOT a problem with any program. It is a consequence of the
properties (or lack of properties) of the operator "round".

Michael D Novack