GnuCash and Windows 10`

Rosemarie Weir wdmn65 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 20:41:12 EDT 2015

RE: Tim Meador asked

I was wondering if anyone has tried GnuCash on Windows 10.
Will it work?

Today I had a technician install Win10 into the win8.1 laptop which contained a copy of the Gnucash software. I copied the user log files over to the laptop since the laptop Gnucash had not been updated for some time

Everything works just fine.
The colours in the Gnucash were different in Win8.1 (blue/white) than it is on the Win7 desktop(green/tan) and that has carried over into Win10

As an aside I moved all the Gnucash account files to an external before the laptop went for the install. It took 3 attempts by the professional service person to get the install successfully completed. My download to a Usb stick did not work, the file sitting in the Windows Update did not work. He had to download a 3rd copy with his own machines and then got an install. I think he had a concept that I was being neurotic when I booked the install service.

Been there, done that with the 8.1 update so not repeating that type of scenario <grin>

Rose Weir