some help needed on using GnuCash 2.6.7

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 10 10:44:20 EDT 2015

Hi Rubens,

Instead of pestering people individually you should subscribe to (and
send all future messages to) the gnucash-user mailing list.  Go to
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user for the
subscription interface.

I've cc'd the list in this reply -- please be sure to respond to the
list.

More inline...

Rubens DeCarvalho <decarvalho70 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to get some help here. Not really sure where to go to.
>
> I just started using  GnuCash 2.6.7
> for a home office/ small business venture,
> and was just about to post; pay and apply payments to some transactions.
>

> when posting, some invoices & Bills
>
> ==> it does not show the POST TO ACCOUNT. The field is blank and it
> would ask you to create one, but I don't think that would be correct.
> (the posting for bills it would be->  Liabilities: Accounts payable
> and for Invoices if would be ?-> Assets: Accounts receivable ?  .......      )

This means you do not have an A/R account of type A/R of the correct
currency.

> how do I get it to show/pickup the proper POST TO ACCOUNT, automatically?

Create the appropriate account in the correct currency.  Your A/R
account currency must match the Invoice currency, which defaults to the
Customer currency, which defaults to your locale currency.

Note that the Invoice acquires and caches the currency setting when you
select the customer.  If you later *change* the customer currency any
existing invoices will retain the old currency setting until you
re-select the customer (via the Edit Invoice popup dialog).

Enjoy!