There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 11 12:57:47 EDT 2015

> On Aug 11, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is also my problem; all quotes were working as they should on
> Friday, Aug. 8.    NO quotes worked on Monday.  Every stock, currency,
> etc. failed. No updates or changes of any kind were made.  Again, my Mac
> os using the same version of GC 2.6.7 worked on the same stocks and
> currency.

Interesting.

http://search.cpan.org/~abh/Mozilla-CA-20141217/lib/Mozilla/CA.pm is Mozilla’s (i.e. Firefox’s) certificate authority certificates, apparently used by your distro for validating some important certificates. OS X would be unaffected because Apple manages certificates in a different way.

As a guess, Mozilla invalidated the certificates in the version of Mozilla::CA you have installed, so you can’t use https to anywhere that depend on Mozilla’s Certificate Authority. I’d try using CPAN to update Mozilla::CA. If that doesn’t do it, raise an issue with your distro and/or the Mozilla::CA author to get the new certificates in place.

Regards,
John Ralls