There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes

listreader suselist at cableone.net
Wed Aug 12 04:15:10 EDT 2015

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:57:45 +0200
Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

> The error was: "Can't locate Mozilla/CA.pm in @INC"
>
> That means the invoked perl instance can't find the module in the
> path. This is not related to how the browser handles certificates. The
> module makes it possible to easily ignore certificate verification.
>
> So you need to install Mozilla::CA from cpan on your system.

No, there's something else here...

Today (circa 2:30 AM in US Central zone, 12th August) Get Quotes works.
The first time run this AM it popped a box stating that there was
(paraphrased) "a problem with XAG, continue with rest of quotes?"  I
clicked to continue and all the quotes except XAG were loaded.  I ran
it again just for kicks and this time it ran without problem, INCLUDING
XAG without an error message.

So, it failed for 2 days, now works, without any system changes by
me.  And note that I checked and I do NOT have anything named CA.pm on
this machine now or previously.  Here's the current results from
gnc-fq-dump:

~> gnc-fq-dump currency XAG USD
Can't locate Mozilla/CA.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Mozilla::CA module) (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.20.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.20.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.20.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.20.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/Finance/Quote/Tiaacref.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 55) line 1.
 at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump line 147.
1 XAG = 15.281 USD

Same error message as before but this time it actually still gets a
quote as seen on the last line above: "1 XAG = 15.281 USD" which sounds
correct if I add in a 15 minute or so delay in the yahoo quote.

I have no clue...

Ralph