Gnu Cash release

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:47:28 EDT 2015

Nate,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Nate & Joan Sowers <njsowers at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Alex,
>   I have been a user of Gnu Cash for several year and really like the
> product.  I am getting ready to upgrade my operating system to Windows 10.
> I am currently running release 2.6.3.  Can you let me know if this release
> is compatible?
>
> Regards...
>
> Nate

I am not personally familiar with using gnucash on Windows 10 but there has
been communication about it on the user's list and others have indicated
that it works without problems.

I note that you are using an older version and there have been some bug
fixes since; you should download and install the latest from www.gnucash.org
.

I am forwarding your e-mail to gnucash-user at gnucash.org where others who
are familiar with using gnucash on Windows 10 may volunteer to add to my
answer to your question.

You should go to gnucash.org to sign up for that list (if you don't want
potentially many individual e-mails throughout the day, you can specify
'digest' mode to get one per day). The list is there specifically for the
purpose of getting answers to questions like yours.

Just as  point of clarification, gnucash is a volunteer effort and so it is
not considered to be polite to write to an individual's e-mail directly
(unless invited to do do so) rather than use the users list. There are
several reasons for this:

- it comes across as demanding (even if not intended that way, as I am sure
is the case in this instance)
- your e-mail may get put into a spam folder, in which case you would
erroneously think you were being ignored
- the person you write to may not know how to answer your question or be
unavailable or no longer involved in the project
- you should search the list before asking there because someone else may
already have asked the question and received an answer
- if you ask on the list, other users may elect to answer your question
based on their particular knowledge
- if you ask on the list, others, now or later, may benefit from the
discussion
- if someone responds with an erroneous answer, others are likely to
correct it
- since this a volunteer effort, you too can participate on the list and
answer other's questions about parts of gnucash you are familiar with
- since this is a volunteer effort, if you find something wanting, say, in
the documentation area, you could contribute by suggesting completed
improvements to the documentation based on what you learn

Regards,

Alex