gnucash: Any Gotchas Using Postgres RDBMS?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 21 12:11:49 EDT 2015

Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> writes:

> On Friday 21 August 2015 07:54:09 Dandridge, Charles wrote:
>> Does this hold true for mysql as well?
>>
> Yes.
>
> GnuCash will assume it controls the complete DB. Mysql doesn't have a
> concept of schemas as far as I know, but other than that the behaviour
> is the same.

Yes, except... I know MySQL supports multiple "databases", so gnucash
will own the "gnucash" database (or whatever database you configure as
part of the MySQL URL).  So you *can* still use one MySQL instance for
multiple services, but they cannot share the same "database".

This is not quite the same as PG Schemas (but I've not played with PG
much).