Connecting to SQL database on start

Sean Porterfield gnc20150530 at sf.porterfield.net
Tue Aug 25 22:15:00 EDT 2015

On 08/25/15 20:28, Rob wrote:
> Can anyone help point me to where I should read up on opening SQL
> connections when I start up GnuCash?  Whenever I start up GnuCash, I need
> to manually enter the my postgres credentials.  Is there a way to skip this
> step like how local files can be opened upon start?

I don't have a postgres option, but in the mysql open dialog, I have
fields for username and password.  Once I fill those in, I don't need to
provide credentials.

I think part of it may have to do with your server (and client)
configuration, though.

Having not used gnucash with postgres, the last post I saw mentioning it
may be entirely irrelevant or only tangential, but I offer it in case
it's helpful.
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2015-June/060598.html

I thought there was another thread about password prompts, but I can't
recall any details.  Maybe it was a bug or suggestion rather than a post
here.
Ah, yes: Bug #746873 - Gnucash asks sql passwords before wallet password.

Sorry if this didn't help at all; hopefully it does a little.
--
Sean Porterfield