discount for early invoice payment

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Fri Aug 28 22:32:30 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm updating GnuCash Guide for billing terms & sales tax tables, and I
thought I'd update the section on account setup to include a tax account and
discount account.

Anyone know where Geert's document on how to fix up payment problems is?

How do we cater for a customer invoice early payment discount?

I see that Billing Terms does calculate invoice due date but calculation of
early payment discount is not yet implemented.

I thought it could possibly be done by doing a credit note and selecting the
transfer account as Expenses:Discount but it is not possible to select an
Expense account.

GnuCash 2.6.7 Windows 7

Regards,

Chris Good