Recording an income which includes shares

Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:23:19 EDT 2015

Thank you for your answer, David!

So, this behavior of the Scheduled Transaction Editor is indeed
strange! I do sort of understand why it would want to confirm the
price of a security for a purchase/sell order, as security prices
usually change daily. My specific case where the security price is
updated only once per year must not be encountered often. I've
unchecked the 'Create automatically' checkbox in the "Edit Scheduled
Transaction' window, and could then save it. So yes, that helped!

This got me curious about what would happen in the case the "Get
Online Quote" was configured (and working) for a security? Would this
warning then disappear? I doubt so, but it would make sense, as the
only missing variable (the price) could be retrieved online at the
time the transaction is created. Unfortunately, the online quote
feature is broken on my system (it always returns 'There was a system
error while retrieving the price quotes.', even though the gnc-fq-dump
utility works for the same exchange/security), so I could not test.

For the record, here's the (hopefully) properly formatted transaction:

                     Account                                Charge
    Income
Cash pay        Assets:Checking Account       1300
Shares pay     Assets:RSA                           20 ABC
                     Trading:CURRENCY:USD        200
                     Trading:Stock:ABC                                    20 ABC
                     Income:MyIncome                                     1500

Maxim