Is my transaction matching working?

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Tue Dec 8 08:29:36 EST 2015

I just wanted to make sure that the Bayesian matching part of GnuCash is
actually working the way it is supposed to for me. After I download
transactions from my bank the description field contains exactly as it
was downloaded for every transaction. I have to visit each one and
correct the description field, hit tab, and then the matching will try
to fill out the rest according to my past history. Is this intentional?
Isf there was a way to enable the description field to automatically
match and change to how you have corrected it in past sessions?. I have
a script to do this, but it isn't perfect and I don't want to spend too
much time on it if there is a way to do it within the program.