Consulting Business Accounts

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:21:18 EST 2015

I have a different way of doing things to Kevin, so I thought I'd mention it. There are always a number of ways of achieving an outcome in Gnucash.

When I start a project with a fixed price, I raise an invoice with that client for the whole amount. At this point I can choose long repayment terms eg. 1 year, 5 years etc, so it doesn't show in the list of overdue accounts. When the client makes a partial payment on completion of a milestone for eg, I simply take that as part payment against the invoice. The money appears in my bank account, and the remainder of the invoice correctly shows the amount the client has to pay.

I guess this doesn't work so well if the total amount of the invoice changes over time, but it works (for me) for fixed price projects.

P.