Cannot read font in Gnucash 2.6.9

Donna Pfeifer donna32132 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 07:22:04 EST 2015

      -  MacOs: Create a plain text file in your home folder (~ is unix shorthand for your home folder):
         - X Window version: ~/.gtkrc-2.0
         - native version: ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash

What do they mean by "home folder"? Where do I find it?Do I make a folder titled ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash and put the text in it?
Thanks.