General ledger

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:45:35 EST 2015

> On 15 Dec 2015, at 15:07, Randy Williamson <ac7nj at arrl.net> wrote:
>
> Michael,
> Thank you for your answer I expected the General ledger to show a combined total not 0 if this is supposed to be 0 then I'm doing it correctly.
>
> Correct me if I didn't get this right

That's correct, Randy.

If you don’t understand the reason why, you’d be well advised to get some background in double-entry bookkeeping. By automating the process of data entry and adding up the columns, computers make life a lot easier for the bookkeeper, but they may multiply problems and make them hard to track down.

When you reply, it’s best to “Reply to All” (i.e. including gnucash-user at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user at gnucash.org>). This means that once a query has been solved, the solution is available to others. It also means that other members of the list don’t waste time on it.

Michael