Tracking a 401K investment

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Tue Dec 15 11:36:19 EST 2015

I have been tracking my 401k in GnuCash along with everything else and
recording income from dividends as "Income:Dividends".

If I'm reading you correctly you are suggesting tracking this in a
separate set of books because it will show up as income on my income
statement for the end of the year, however you aren't actually taxed on
this income until you retire and make withdrawals.  I wonder if there is
a way to do this (recording the dividend income as something else?) and
still keep only one set of books.