Backups and recovery

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:48:28 EST 2015

On 16 December 2015 at 21:37, Alaric <um.167 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> I have a display problem which has involved re-installing several times.  In
> the past I could open gnucash and open my accounts by using 'open' and
> selecting the name of the account such as AWW15.  When I do this now the
> chart of accounts comes up with the correct balances but none of the
> registers have any information.

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying.  Do you mean you are
able to see the 'Accounts' tab showing a list of all the accounts with
their balances, but if you double click one of those accounts (or
right click and Open Account) you see nothing?  If so exactly what do
you mean by 'nothing'.

> In addition to the file name, all the
> archive and log files are in the backup copy.

No idea what you mean by that sentence.

Colin