Can't delete Imbalance account

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Thu Dec 17 08:45:33 EST 2015

On 12/17/2015 2:02 AM, Dave H wrote:
> I also delete these any time they pop up - indicates I've stuffed something
> up when they suddenly show up - not obsessional at all though I do have a
> tidy mind :-)
>
> Cheers Dave H.

Can do it either way (look for presence of account or non-zero balance
of account) and which you use might depend on whether you ALWAYS can fix
the problem immediately.

I would normally use the latter method (leave accounts, note any
balance) because in the case of organizational books I might not be in a
position to IMMEDIATELY fix the problem. Might be needing to send an
email to the rest of the executive committee or even the entire board of
directors to see how folks want this handled.

Example: A transaction has appeared which indicates a new account should
be added to the CoA rather than a miscellaneous expense, can see that
this is just the first transaction of many future ones for this new
category. But where in the CoA do they want this to appear? Sometimes
that is obvious, I'd just make the decision (temporarily) on my own
expecting my choice to be approved next meeting. But sometimes far from
obvious.

Personal books or small business books? You might be wanting to call or
send an email to your accountant or tax advisor to find out what to do.
Note that people are sometimes sending messages to this list asking
"what do I do with?". Meantime in Imbalance, yes?

Michael