Gnucash / Finance::Quote cannot retrieve Spanish stocks and funds

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Fri Dec 18 02:41:58 EST 2015

Jose Gómez <adler at dreamcoder.org> writes:

> I am trying to get the current value of a Spanish fund (INGDIRECTFNE.BC)
> from Gnucash, and it is not working.

Hi Jose,

This is a problem due to the yahoo site which is queried by the
yahoo_europe method inside FQ.

This is the data returned by yahoo in response to the query:

          "INGDIRECTFNE.BC",N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A

not really helpfull. that's why finance::quote can't return data..

However the method yahoo_json returns this data:

          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCdate' => '12/14/2015',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCtype' => 'mutualfund',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BClast' => '11.790000',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCsuccess' => 1,
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCvolume' => '0',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCname' => 'INGDIRECTFNE.BC (ING Direct FN Euro Stoxx 50 FI)',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCexchange' => 'Sourced from Yahoo Finance (as JSON)',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCsymbol' => 'INGDIRECTFNE.BC',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCmethod' => 'yahoo_json',
          'INGDIRECTFNE.BCisodate' => '2015-12-14'

looks like what you need ! except gnucash needs a currency and therefor
it will also fail, I wouldn't even know what currency to return for this
extension.. Tell me and I will hardcode it in yahoo_json for the .BC
extension.

best
--
erik colson