QIF account types

Matt Kowske jmk at cmail.nu
Fri Dec 18 08:10:55 EST 2015

I'm not sure what all is supported, but I wrote a script to parse QIF
files and found the information I needed for it to import into GnuCash
and match accounts correctly was a header like so:

!Account
NAssets:Current Assets:Checking
^
!Type:Bank

<transactions follow here>

The line that starts with "N" needs to match the account in GnuCash
corresponding to this QIF import. I use !Type:Bank for all account types
-- assets like checking and liabilities like a credit card.

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on the different options here
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format), but that is
what worked for me.