Withdrawing funds from a tax deferred account

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Tue Dec 22 15:54:22 EST 2015

Let me give the sample entries for a $100 distribution from a tax deferred
asset named Retirement that is deposited to Checking

credit 100.00 Retirement
credit 100.00 Taxable Income Retirement
debit 100.00 Checking
debit 100.00 Conversion to Taxable

If you are a US taxpayer, the total of the amounts in Taxable Income
Retirement should be what is reported on the 1099 R statements for the
accounts represented by Retirement. (It is more complicated if only some of
the funds in Retirement are tax deferred.)

Dale