Can't set up new file with mysql backup

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sat Dec 26 15:30:30 EST 2015

I'm trying to set up a new file with a mysql backup. The documentation
(2.5) seems to indicate that when I first save data I should use 'save
as' and select mysql. But the only option I'm getting is 'xml'. My older
files are xml, but I want to use mysql starting wth the new year.

What do I do to set up a new file with a mysql backend?

I'm using GnuCash 2.6.9 on Fedora 22. I'm trying to use either the
"export accounts" function or to import an account tree that I've
exported from the old file. But I don't get a mysql option even if I
just use the setup wizard and don't try to import an account structure.

Thanks.
--

Eric Beversluis
www.ericbeversluis.com <http://www.ericbeversluis.com>