It's true, my note to Santa

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Sun Dec 27 19:25:45 EST 2015

On 2015-12-27 15:52, Steve wrote:
> Santa hasn't gotten back to me, hoping that he and his elves are working on
> it.
>
> As we approach 2016, I wish someone out there, publicly or secretly, is
> working toward a functional mobile app running GnuCash.  The current
> unofficial GnuCash app just doesn't deliver the true functional experience
> to allow GnuCash to be incorporated as part of the daily moment to moment
> routine.
>
> I understand the difficulty, the challenge, the nature of open source, but
> boy, I sure would like to use my phone and post charges, see credits, and
> see balances real time, without waiting till I get home and doing the
> download, upload dance...and the transition to mobile is noticeable, as my
> desktop GnuCash application languishes but continues to beckon me...
>
> Just wishin', Santa... I'll be back next year (and the year after!)...

You're asking for what amounts to a cloud-centered version of GnuCash
which means a cloud-based server somewhere has to store the financial
data of you and every other user in a (ideally, hopefully) secure
fashion (open source has nothing to do with it).  What group of
volunteers do you think would step up to that type of liability never
mind the costs involved in running it?