Wrong date when importing OFX file from HSBC

Diarmaid Lee djlee97 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 1 16:06:36 EST 2015

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me. I am in the UK, using Gnucash 2.6.1 on
Linux Mint 17.1 Xfce 64-bit. I am new to Linux and Gnucash, previously I
have been using ms money on Vista.

I can navigate my way around a computer, but not very proficiently.

I have managed to import all my files from ms money successfully. I used
QIF files, only because this file was first on the gnucash import list.

I then realised that using OFX would be more familiar to me. I know now
that OFX is what I'd been using to import bank transactions to money.
(My bank is HSBC).

My problem is that all the transaction dates are a day late. eg. all
dates that are 19th on the bank web site, come up as 20th in gnucash.
Very confusing!

I'm hoping it is just a setting somewhere that I am not aware of. I have
looked online but I can find nothing that I can understand to fix this
problem for me.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks

Diarmaid Lee